Dear Time,

"Oh to have your hand in mine; palms pressed and fingers intertwined. 
Mine cold, yours warm, clasped together as though one of a kind."

-

It's been a bizarre few months. Eight started with a trip to Cyprus, and the remainder was lost to illness. Nine brought more European travels (Croatia and Berlin) followed by - you guessed it - more illness. Ten has been so incredibly busy that it scares me how little I remember of it. 

Tonight, the clocks go back one hour and I am thrown back into my semi-annual crisis about the concept of time. This year, it's a harsh and somewhat nostalgic crisis. Time seems to be speeding up and so losing days in the blink of an eye has become more frightful than ever. 

One whole hour. In the grand scheme of things, we cannot gain or lose time of course; but it's a funny concept when one extra hour can make you open your eyes to how you value and use time on a day to day basis.

Recently I've had moments just like the Summer clock changes. I find myself sitting in the same chair, with the same blank document open - unsure of how exactly I spent the last hour. It makes me wonder how much more I could accomplish, if, just if I had the time.

Sleep has missed you, Time. As have the books gathering high upon my shelves. The to-do list is now cursing you, but I don't blame you for avoiding its never ending demands. Time heals, they say. As paradoxical as this sounds - I do hope that you can lift the crushing weight of lack of time off my shoulders in the months to come.

-

Priya. 

Comments

Popular Posts